Thursday, March 26, 2020

Adrienne-

Today we enjoyed another bright and sunny morning.  I talked to my dad and did some organizing around the house.  Little by little I've been able to do long awaited organizing and cleaning projects.  In the past week of social distancing I've cleaned out the pie cabinet and hand washed all the china, removed a table from the dinning room that's been needing to go to storage for months.  Gathered up several bags of items for the food and clothing back, totally cleaned the laundry room and caught up on all the laundry in the house, washed both our bed quilt and duvet along with the through blankets in the living room.  All this in addition to staying on top of the general cleanliness of our home.  I've been cleaning out kitchen cabinets little by little and also trying to find some organization in the office space. 
I've been trying to keep the kids going with learning activities, but discovered that I definitely lack the discipline it would take to be a homeschooling parent.  Evangeline's been reading and writing each day.  I've been trying to find opportunities to continue with some math practice.  Jed's been reviewing letters and numbers with me daily along with learning through play.  We all play a lot. 
We went to the Paris, IL Walmart today for our grocery pick up.  Fortunately we were able to get some of the things that were next to impossible to get last week...milk, eggs, bread.  I felt good about that.  After lunch I Facetimed with Mom.  I've been taking naps with Jed almost daily.  It's felt nice to have some time to take extra good care of myself.  I ran 3 miles this evening after dinner.  We've been watching an episode of Star Wars Rebels as a family after dinner.  I've started a really good book and I've already read over 100 pages since Monday, which is considerable for me.  Usually I read before I fall asleep at night and on a typical work day I might only last a page or two before falling asleep.  It's nice to have time to do some solid reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment