Sunday, March 29, 2020

Adrienne-

The United States takes the lead with the most COVID cases in the world.  New York City, California, and parts of Michigan and Washington state, I hear have it the worst right now.  New York especially.  The death toll nearly doubles in Italy each day.  The news reports shortages of ventilators, masks, medical equipment, etc.  I can't let myself fall down a COVID rabbit hole.  I was anxious this morning.  I spent an hour and a half trying to figure out how to do a grocery pick up in TH where they were better stocked on necessities than Paris, where I had been going.  By the time I got my list all sorted out and entered, there were not pick up time slots left open for the next few days.  I took stock of what I have in my pantry and there are plenty of things for make shift meals and our Home Chef box will arrive on Wednesday this week.  We are more than fine and have more than enough.  I'm learning a lot about how good I actually have it during this time.  I'm learning about what true necessities really are.  We are in no way going without comparatively speaking. 
The sunshine and warmer weather we've been having has been everything lately.  We've been outside so much.  Yesterday was actually warm, 70 degrees or so.  The windows were open, we took walks, I read outside, the kids played, I ran.  It was wonderful.  I ran again today around the neighborhood too.  It's weird how much I am effected by the sun....and movement.  I texted my 1st grade coworkers last night quite a bit.  It's so nice that it's easy to stay in touch with my friends through technology.  It's a curse in so many ways, but also a blessing. 
We ordered take out from Longhorn Stake House last night.  It's the first time we've gotten take out since called to stay at home.  Kyle picked it up.  It was special.  I've been cooking so much lately.  Sitting down to a meal someone else prepared was a welcomed treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment